Location: Fort Meade, MD
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Required Clearance: Secret (Active)
Experienced Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Specialist to support the full lifecycle of acquisition and contract management, including acquisition strategy, acquisition planning, requirements gathering and analysis, market research, cost estimating, document development, and contract lifecycle monitoring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Government Contracting, Acquisition/Contract Management, Financial Management, or a related field. In lieu of a degree, a Contract Manager (CPCM) certification, DoD Financial Management (DoDFM), Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), DAWIA Level III, and an additional 3 years of directly related experience in the DoD environment may be substituted. Overall, 8 years of demonstrated experience in DoD acquisition, contract and/or financial management.
- 3+ years of progressive experience with DoD 5000 acquisitions
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), DoD 5000 Series of Directives, and applicability to DoD Services Acquisitions
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills. Must take initiative, be extremely detail-oriented, and be able to maintain focus and remain flexible/adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
- Applies knowledge of DoD Acquisition processes and analytical methods or techniques to gather, analyze and evaluate information required by program/project managers and customers.
- Provides extensive acquisition expertise and services in the area of acquisition, contract and financial management. Accountable for major and complicated projects throughout the acquisition life cycle.
- Provides acquisition support on functions of program management. Assist program managers in developing program documentation, creating program schedules, tracking program status, evaluating alternatives, performing risk assessment and developing risk mitigation.
- Provides assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management programs.
- Advises in the tailoring of acquisition approaches, and ensure affordable, supportable and effective systems are delivered to the customer.
- Works with government project personnel and contracting, as appropriate, ensuring that all required documentation is completed and included.
- Utilizes established acquisition and financial management policies, procedures, regulations and tools.
- Provides oversight and compliance review of acquisition documentation at all levels of preparation.
- Analyzes financial, performance, and requirements data for business decision making.
- Assists program and project managers with building and maintenance of spend plans for multiple years and producing financial status reports.